Thursday 3 October 2013

Been a while...


So I haven't been on this in a long time, so I thought I would start with a song review on London Grammar "Strong" , I am currently loving this band, they just have such power to them. Everyone seem's to be getting on how she sounds like Florence but I still love her voice.

Firstly I think the song has a very haunting feel to it which I love, Hannah Reid's breathless vocal is what draws you into the song, it's just effortlessly wonderful. Her voice is encased in a delicate soundbed of pretty piano lines, finger clock beats and a sense of drama that sort of just hands there imposingly but never quite reveals itself. Really is a true masterpiece of a song. I feel as though you can tell that she is singing of some kind of pain that I like as you can relate to it. Although Hannah draw's you into the song it's, Dan and Dot's production what keeps you listening over and over again, "Excuse me for a while... While I'm wide eyed and so damn caught in the middle". The full result of the song is both effortless and timeless I love it, and I'm excited for what else has to come from the trio :) 


Natalie xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment