Thursday 2 May 2013

Can't Stop Listening To..




Bastille's album number one album Bad Blood is without a doubt on my repeat playlist recently. For me it is not my usual taste in music as it is full on catchy pop at heart, but it just has such a feel good sound towards it. Group vocals are throughout songs, but Dan Smiths voice just stands out for me in a unique way.

One of the songs that stands out for me is obviously the immense "Pompeii", the song is without a doubt one of my favourites so far of the year. I don't have many "happy" songs, but this is one of the few when I listen to it I can't help but feel a sudden rush of happiness with it's catchy vocals. The song "Bad Blood" is also a favourite. There are many upbeat songs but also the more meaningful ones like "Things We Lost In The Fire", even though it's not the most upbeat song the hand claps give's it that little lift. You have the quirky ballads such as "Flaws" it brings an interesting sound to the table. Then you have the haunting ballad "Overjoyed" hears Dan Smith hoping to reason with a loved one over a soul - warming piano line. That is what this band is good at getting the contrast of the tone of the lyrics and the tones of the music, you can be in any mood and you will enjoy the songs on this album.

 The album on a whole is great and is defiantly worth the money whither you buying the normal or extended version, I will list the songs below and highlight my favourites, it is worth a listen :] 

1. Pompeii  
2. Things we lost in the fire
3. Bad Blood
4.Overjoyed
5. These Streets
6. The Weight Of Living, Part II
7. carus
8. Oblivion
9. Flaws
10. Daniel in the Den
11. Laura Palmer
12. Get Home // The Weight Of Living , Part I
Extended Vesion 
3.The Silence
14.Laughter Lines
15. Bad Blood (Live Piano Version) 
16. Things We Lost in the Fire (Abbey Road Session) 
17. Laura Palmer (Abbey Road Session)

Natalie xo 


                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment